Sunday, November 13, 2011

Retreat Weekend

Hi All - Haven't posted in a while. I've been in Houston for Quilt Market and then came home to no power but it did come back on for the shop's 11th Anniversary Sale. Worked four days for that and then headed to Cape Cod for our annual retreat last Wednesday. My sister is here too, so it's fun spending time with her. All I brought with me was UFO's so I have some things put together.

The first thing I worked on was a double wedding ring that I am paper piecing the arcs and realized I forgot the papers at home. Finished the ones I had started and moved on to the next project!


This was the second thing I did. It's an old Thimbleberries pattern that was meant to be used as a charity quilt but I was doing this for a friend of mine. I ended up short 4 2 1/2 squares so worked around the hole it left. I have some at home so it will go home a UFO too! That's my sister in the space but I thought it would be a good place to stick your feet through when you're having a hot flash!

This was the next thing I worked on. I took a school house class from Martie Michel in Houston and this was her design. Four fat quarters make the four blocks and then just added borders. Though it might make a good class for the next session.


I had these blocks done some time ago but never put them together. I think it went together very nicely and am really pleased with it. The nice part is that I already know how I want to quilt it!


I thought I would be a little artsy and take a picture of my bindings all ready to go! Looks kind of cute!

One day left to sew away and then pack up and head for home! Will miss my sister til I see her again! Happy Quilting!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment